API & Developers

Archives for March 2021

Discussion List

• QuickBooks Integration
    In API & Developers
    Does anyone have a process/method/workflow that allows Freelancers/vendors to enter time against projects/task within Smartsheet Link to an invoice function that has prepopulated cost fields as well as relevant math formulas Review/approve…
    Answered - Pending Review
    14 1
    Answered - Pending Review 14 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå API & Developers
  • Getting attachment when attachment is added or changed to a row.
    In API & Developers
    I dont know much of programming and I am not a developer. But I would really like to get attachments from a row in Smartsheet. Posibly automated, so when attachemnt is added or changed in a row, this triggers API. I was looking for a simpl…
    27 2
    Answered - Pending Review 27 views 2 comments Most recent by David Tomc API & Developers
  • Transfer of a workspace to another SMARTSHEET Business account
    In API & Developers
    I have worked for a client to create a reporting workspace with multiples files and combined sheets. What is the way to transfer this worskpace and its property to my client who has a business Smartsheet account? Thanks in advance to share…
    24 6
    Answered - Pending Review 24 views 6 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. API & Developers
  • Suggested or maximum payload size for Update Rows?
    In API & Developers
    I've got a service that updates a sheet's rows with data from another source. It works fine on a sheet that has <5000 rows and around 19 columns, but I keep getting error 4002 whenever I'm trying the service with a sheet with >11000 …
    44 1
    Answered - Pending Review 44 views 1 comment Most recent by Etienne Mermillod API & Developers
  • Trying to Update Sheet Columns with Data
    In API & Developers
    I am currently trying to update my smartsheet sheet with data. I have used the smartsheet sheet_id to get all of the columns and there ID's associated with the sheet here: Now I use that function inside of my other function which iterates…
    35 5
    Answered - Pending Review 35 views 5 comments Most recent by Johnathan Vargas Cruz API & Developers
  • Updating rows with multi_contact cell?
    In API & Developers
    Hello, I'm using the Python API to update some rows as follows: copy cell values in specific columns from an old row, and append these to an update request as cells in the respective column for a new row. This works for all but a contact c…
    Accepted
    36 4
    Accepted Answer 36 views 4 comments Most recent by nschum API & Developers
  • API Access to Column Formulas
    In API & Developers
    I have been trying to understand how to handle column formulas and all I can see is that you have error messages to let us know that we can modify cells in columns with column formulas but there is no column attribute to indicate that a co…
    Accepted
    76 8
    Accepted Answer 76 views 8 comments Most recent by David Tutwiler API & Developers
  • Automatic creation of sheets
    In API & Developers
    Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically create a tracker from a template when a row is added to a master sheet? So, I'd have a form add rows to a master sheet, then I'd like that to automatically start an individual tracker t…
    Accepted
    69 4
    Accepted Answer 69 views 4 comments Most recent by Tony Cooper API & Developers
  • Hyperlink in Help Text
    In API & Developers
    Hi everyone, I am creating a form in smartsheet and was hoping to create a hyperlink in the help text. It says here that we can include hyperlinks but every time I press right-click the option to do so doesn't seem to appear.
    24 1
    Answered - Pending Review 24 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå API & Developers
  • Python API - Getting Started
    In API & Developers
    I'm barely getting started with Smarthsheet's Python API. I'm trying to get current user by using smartsheet_client.Users.get_current_user() but instead of getting a json response such as { "id": 48569348493401200, "em…
    24 1
    Answered - Pending Review 24 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P. API & Developers