Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Archived 2016 Posts

Archives for November 2016

Discussion List

• Column misalignment
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I have had this issue on and off for a few weeks.   After using toolbar to make changes to sheet the columns dont line up with the header descriptions.   Anyone else having the same issue?   Regards Wayne   
    1 3
    Closed 1 view 3 comments Most recent by Charles DESCOTES Archived 2016 Posts
  • Adding a numeric value to a cell with a checked box
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I'm having a hard time and maybe it's because it's obviously not even possible?    I'm wondering if a checked box can also equal a numeric value without adding additional columns. Possible?    (Photo referenced below) If so, GOAL: Ex i…
    150 5
    Closed 150 views 5 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams Archived 2016 Posts
  • Page Breaks
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Can anyone tell me if you can insert page breaks in a schedule so that when you print it will print as seperate pages?  
    458 4
    Closed 458 views 4 comments Most recent by Richard Rymill SBP Archived 2016 Posts
  • removing check boxes from a row
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hi all - this seems like it would be easy but I cant figure it out. I have a spreadsheet with different sections, most rows I DO want the check boxes but on my header rows which are separateing my sectinos I DO NOT want the check boxes but…
    lrs Profile Photo lrs
    672 3
    Closed 672 views 3 comments Most recent by [email protected] Archived 2016 Posts
  • Creating a Master Sheet Composed of Dependent Dept Sheets // Sheet Linking // Sub-Sheets
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hi Community -   Looking to crowdsource the best method of creating a Master Sheet (think: Company ALL) composed of smaller Department Sheets (think: Marketing, Development, etc).   The ideal set up here is that while only I may have a…
    733 8
    Closed 733 views 8 comments Most recent by Richard Rymill SBP Archived 2016 Posts
  • refresh
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    So I have what I hope is a common issue resulting in a simple solution - when I make a change on my mobile app, the desktop "main" sheet doesn't automatically update. The only way I can think of to work with this is to remember t…
    239 5
    Closed 239 views 5 comments Most recent by Spencer MacGillivray Archived 2016 Posts
  • Linking in the Same Sheet
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    For large sheets, is there a way to link from rows to other rows within the same sheet.  For example, I have developed a lirbary of sorts with files that fall into different categories.  There are several categories and lots of files in ea…
    76 7
    Closed 76 views 7 comments Most recent by Blair blair9398 Archived 2016 Posts
  • Multiple users adding columns
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I have someone set as an admin for a workspace, but they cannot add new columns to sheets in there. Can only the owner add columns?
    23 4
    Closed 23 views 4 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams Archived 2016 Posts
  • making sub lanes in kanban
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hi everyone. I particularly like the Kanabvan sheet as we can visually see the progress of a project as it moves from one are to the next. However, im looking to see if its possible to create "sub lanes" within lanes to creat a f…
    104 Profile Photo 104
    33 2
    Closed 33 views 2 comments Most recent by 104 Archived 2016 Posts
  • Rolling Up or Consolidating Divisional Budgets
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Fairly new user here.  Looking for help in rolling up our divisional budgets into a consolidated budget.   I have an income statement budget template for each division which has worked beautifully with callaboraters completing their info…
    72 2
    Closed 72 views 2 comments Most recent by Charles DESCOTES Archived 2016 Posts