Formulas and Functions

Archives for August 2020

Discussion List

• Nested If, then, CountIf formula
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hello, I am trying to create a nested If, CountIf formula, wherein the formula refers to a column and only counts status if that column is = to 1 of the 4 options. Then, ideally divide the # returned by the total to return the status over …
    Answered - Pending Review
    11 1
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Rebecca Provost Formulas and Functions
  • Referencing a not blank cell of 5 cells.
    Hi, I am trying to populate a cell with data in 1 of 5 cells that are filled from a form. For example, using form logic of the organization that is selected (column Org Name) select the site from that Org (Org 1 and site 1) Each Org has …
    Accepted
    1 3
    Accepted Answer 1 view 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Current Week/Last Week
    I want to be able to get a count of Issues Created, based on certain criteria, for both the current week and the week previous. I tried making things easy for myself and creating helper columns but those didn't seem to function, so I am he…
    Accepted
    11 3
    Accepted Answer 11 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Using #INDEX & #MATCH cross sheet reference formula help
    I am attempting to write a formula that says: IF {in sheet# 1} COI Type = "Job" OR IF Agreement Type = "Project" OR IF a row matching the code in sheet #1 matches a code in sheet #2 AND Waiver Type = "Approved-Job …
    Accepted
    11 7
    Accepted Answer 11 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Combining CountIfs statement with Date
    I have a CountIfs formula that I'm having trouble getting to work when I add a date condition into it. Basically I'm trying to get a MTD output based on several countifs as well as only counting if an adjecent cell does not contain "A…
    11 3
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 3 comments Most recent by David Joyeuse Formulas and Functions
  • #INVALID DATA TYPE error in formula
    Hello. I have a formula which work fine for 2 out of 3 variables, but not the last and I cannot figure out what is wrong. Use case: I want the Waiver Approval Status column to read two approval process columns and return Declined if either…
    Accepted
    1 3
    Accepted Answer 1 view 3 comments Most recent by SoS | Dan Palenchar Formulas and Functions
  • Getting countif to work between sheets
    I can not get the countif function to work between 2 separate sheets. One of the sheets is my metrics for the pipeline. I want to get a count of how many times a name(account holder) is used on the pipeline and I keep getting the error unp…
    Accepted
    11 4
    Accepted Answer 11 views 4 comments Most recent by RossL Formulas and Functions
  • Reusing the same automation on the same triggered cell only works once
    I have a simple automation - If a Status cell changes to red or green then trigger. It works fine unless I try to trigger it again by forcing a change on the cell. I thought it was because cells are locking but I unlocked them and the prob…
    2 3
    Answered - Pending Review 2 views 3 comments Most recent by Shane Klos Formulas and Functions
  • Turn an online survey to a printed version
    Hello, say I created a form (to serve as a survey). I can push this link out, no problem. What if I wanted to make a printed version of that survey, how would I go about doing that? The use case for this is when our customers come in ou…
    11 2
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Auto Populating Formulas
    Hi everyone, I have a simple sheet that has data inputted into it from a form. I have the form inputting the new data at the top of the sheet. I have read the following page many times: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/1641473-auto-f…
    Accepted
    11 2
    Accepted Answer 11 views 2 comments Most recent by Genevieve P Formulas and Functions