Deduplicate a dynamic list that's being pulled in via a Jira workflow.

Hello, Community!

I would love some help paring down a dynamic list that is coming from a Jira workflow. Is there a way to take a Jira workflow source sheet that updates daily and get a static list of the epics included on that sheet?

Sheet A (What I'm working from): Pulled from Jira. Contains a dynamic list of stories that are either In Progress or in the backlog. Each story is linked/rolls up to an epic. This sheet updates in realtime.

Sheet B (What I'd like to end up with): Sheet that queries all of the epics in Sheet A and pares it down by removing duplicates. This sheet would need to be fairly dynamic as well - to account for epics that are added/removed as work is completed in Jira.

Answers

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Maria Patton if you can nail down what you'd consider a duplicate, you could add a duplicate checker column to your first sheet that would check on when a dup row precedes it. Then, create a report for that sheet that excludes the marked duplicates. Does that fit your scenario, or is there a reason for the second sheet? (i.e. you're adding additional data points that you don't want on the first sheet)

Ryan Sides

Smartsheet Tips and Tricks for Beginners and Advanced on LinkedIn and YouTube

Come Say Hello!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!