How I can manage the Resource view

Kaveri Vipat
Kaveri Vipat ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 01/25/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello Everyone,

I am managing resources for my team, In some sheets, I am using Planned start and Planned finish dates and I have enabled the project settings with planned dates. so now what is happening if they are planning for tasks in the future and mention 2d in durations and so, it is calculating 200% in resource view and also using the formula for utilization =duration*1.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Thanks,

Kaveri Vipat

Senior Associate - Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

2023 Core Product Certified

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️"

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kaveri Vipat

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you elaborate?

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Kaveri Vipat
    Kaveri Vipat ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå

Thanks for the quick response, I elaborated the problem in details.

Thanks,

Kaveri Vipat

Senior Associate - Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

2023 Core Product Certified

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️"

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator

Hi @Kaveri Vipat,

Although without being able to see your specific environment it's a little hard to give a suitable explanation to what you experience, if specific resources are displaying a 200% allocation on specific days, this should be the result of the sum of all the allocation % for all tasks they've been assigned to on that particular timeframe. E.g if User A is assigned to tasks 1 and 2 for February 3rd and each task has a 100% allocation, this amounts for a 200% allocation for that day.

If this doesn't look correct within your environment, you may need to reassign tasks to users who are under allocation on that specific day or reduce the allocation % for those particular tasks. Note that this allocation is calculated per person per day, so if certain tasks are set to last more than one day, that allocation will be considered per each day in that period. I.e a 100% allocation for a task that lasts from January 30th to February 3rd implies that that user will be allocated 100% of the time for each of those 5 days, if this overlaps with other tasks that also have 100% allocated in any day from that period (January 30th to February 3rd), that user will reflect as over-allocated in that particular days(s)

I hope that this makes sense and can serve as guidance for your specific case, however, if it isn't, please share some captures of your environment where all sensitive data has been hidden so that we can advise more specifically.

Cheers!

Julio