Bridge Add Row containing Multi-Select Contact Cell

I'm trying to add a row, which contains a multi-select contact cell. The intention is to have this information flow into a column (separate sheet) containing the same configuration.

Is this possible with Bridge? In a different workflow, I've successfully used the array function to update the drop-down list of a Contact Column via 'Update Column' , but 'Add Row' doesn't have a 'Contact' option.

Tags:

Answers

• Zeb Loewenstein
    Zeb Loewenstein ✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/28/23

I was able to get a step closer by leveraging the "Array Management: Pick From An Array" and find where the email address is recorded for the object. The value looks like the following, but it only pulls forward the 1st email if multiple are included in the original cell:

{{states.startstate.arraymgmt.pick_from_array.result.cells.Requester.values.0.email}}

• Brent Wilson
    Brent Wilson ✭✭✭✭✭

The Multi-Select has a hidden linefeed in it.. That's how it knows that it is a new value

It is probably pulling the whole thing but the Line Feed is clobbering it

=SUBSTITUTE([Multi-Select Column]@row, CHAR(10), "") is what you would do in a sheet to remove it so I do not know if you could put it somewhere in the workflow to "clean it"..

CHAR(10) is the linefeed character

Brent C. Wilson, P.Eng, PMP, Prince2

Facilityy Professional Services Inc.

http://www.facilityy.com

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Zeb Loewenstein

Multi-contact cells can definitely be trickier to work with compared to other column and value types. I worked with @MCorbin on this other post to update a column list, (see here), which required using the JavaScript module.

I think you may need to do something similar in this instance as well, although I haven't tested it. The Javascript module would create a string of emails separated by a comma from the original cell, then I would try passing the JS result to the add row module.

Similar to your other question... I'm wondering if it may be more straight forward to simply use DataMesh for this use-case?

Cheers,

Genevieve