Smartsheet API lastLogin returning no value for some users

Options

Hello all, I made an API call towards the users endpoint to obtain the lastLogin data for our users. Most of the results came back as expected. However, there are some users (16.5% of total licensed users) that don't have the lastLogin attribute in the response. What is the reason for this?

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/03/23 Answer ✓
    Options

@AAsad As far as I can tell from looking at downloaded login history reports, login history is available going back 6 months (26 weeks.) If your users haven't logged in in the past 6 months, they won't have any login history available. I just downloaded a login history report and a user list; I have 383 unique users in the history report, and 395 user accounts. The User List report includes Last Login date, so you can tell by the blanks who hasn't logged in for at least 26 weeks.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/03/23 Answer ✓
    Options

@AAsad As far as I can tell from looking at downloaded login history reports, login history is available going back 6 months (26 weeks.) If your users haven't logged in in the past 6 months, they won't have any login history available. I just downloaded a login history report and a user list; I have 383 unique users in the history report, and 395 user accounts. The User List report includes Last Login date, so you can tell by the blanks who hasn't logged in for at least 26 weeks.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!