Dynamic view missing mandatory information message

Good day Smartsheet community,

I have created a Dynamic View that the users should update with information on a weekly basis. As the view consists of mandatory and non-mandatory cells to be filled and it cannot be saved unless all mandatory fields are filled, I am looking for a way if there can be enabled a message showing which fields are blank. For example: if the user has not filled the information in the mandatory field 'Quantity', to enable a message saying 'Field 'Quantity' is not filled' or something similar.

Thank you!

Tags:

Answers

• Adriane Price
    Adriane Price ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Maria

Currently the only way is by making that field required and adding in a Description/help text in the details panel field that you are wanting or expecting it to be mandatory.

For example in this screenshot I have made the project end date mandatory but provided a descriptor/help text:

When they click on that row to update the details they will see the following:

I hope that answers your inquiry.

Adriane

• Hi Adriane,

Thank you a lot for your explanation, but unfortunately it does not answer my question.

I am looking for a way if I can enable a message showing which of the required fields is blank when the user is using the Dynamic View.

For example,

Here after the 'Details' heading the message to be missing info in 'Project End Date' field, not the one currently showed.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!