Stuck on a due in 7 days formula

Molly12345
Molly12345 ✭✭
edited 02/20/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi all. I am stuck on a due in the next 7 days formula. Today is the 17th and I have a due date on the 20th. I have tried the following and kep getting 0. Many thanks in advance

Best Answer

• Molly12345
    Molly12345 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Paul I got it working in the end and my dates appeared finally =COUNTIFS({PLANNED}, @cell >= TODAY(), {PLANNED}, @cell < TODAY(8)). Thank you for your help, I am learning through your comments |! Have a great week

Answers

• Kelly P.
    Kelly P. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Molly12345

Try this:

=COUNTIFS({SheetName_Planned}, >TODAY(), {SheetName_Planned}, <TODAY(8))

Hope this helps!

• Molly12345
    Molly12345 ✭✭
    edited 02/20/23

Hi thank you so much for answering. Unfortunately it is still giving me 0 despite 2 due this week.

Do you think there is something wrong with my sheet? It is set as a date column. I had the same problem with my completed in the last 30 days. This was what worked in the end, =COUNTIFS({Completed date}, @cell > TODAY(-31), {Completed date}, @cell < TODAY(+1))I do not know how. I cannot get the inverse to work here ! Any ideas ?

COUNTIFS({planned executions}, >TODAY(), {planned executions}, <TODAY() + 8) but that gives 0 too

Many thanks in advance

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try the very first one you have in your original post but include "@cell" references the same way you have them in the working one in your last post.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Hi Paul.

Thank you for commenting. I did =COUNTIFS({planned}, @cell >= TODAY(), {planned}, @cell <= TODAY(8)).

It gave me 0. I am stumped. Thank you

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That means there are no dates that fall within the range. Exactly how is the {planned} range populated, and is it set as a date type column?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Molly12345
    Molly12345 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Paul I got it working in the end and my dates appeared finally =COUNTIFS({PLANNED}, @cell >= TODAY(), {PLANNED}, @cell < TODAY(8)). Thank you for your help, I am learning through your comments |! Have a great week

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What exactly was the issue?

10xViz.com