Recording Status changes throughout the course of a project

Options

Hello,

I want to record the change in the status of a symbol column. I understand that there is a "record the date" automation in place, but this automation gets rid of the previous date that the record was changed. I want to display on a dashboard every time the date has changed and what symbol it changed to. Please let me know if there is any workaround for this issue.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Answer

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Adam,

For logging changes on a particular sheet, I use an automation that copies the entire row to a different sheet used to log the data changes. The automation is triggered whenever a row is modified or added. One of the columns I have in my main sheet is a system column called Modified and the column type is "Modified Date".

I then use reports or cross sheet links to create the view of the data that I want from the log file.

Hope this is helpful for you and have a great day.

Tom

Answers

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Adam,

For logging changes on a particular sheet, I use an automation that copies the entire row to a different sheet used to log the data changes. The automation is triggered whenever a row is modified or added. One of the columns I have in my main sheet is a system column called Modified and the column type is "Modified Date".

I then use reports or cross sheet links to create the view of the data that I want from the log file.

Hope this is helpful for you and have a great day.

Tom

• Baldif
    Options

Hi Tom, which is the automation you used to copy the entire row to a different sheet used to log the data changes?

Could you provide more details?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!