Leaderboard

Options

Hi All,

I'm looking to build a leaderboard that displays top performance by job function.

I am struggling due to there being multiple sheets, and the performance expectation for each job function is not the same. There are approximately 400 employees, but I'm looking to have 1 name displayed for each category, per period.... Keeping in mind there are 4 weeks in a period, and each colleague would have 4-5 data sets per week.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as per the best way to go about it? I can share some reference images if needed as well

Thanks!

Answers

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jessica Howell Please share some reference images to help visualize your ask.

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• Jessica Howell
    Options

@Colleen Patterson

I will try and break this down alittle better too...

I have a list of teams, i made this one as an example,

Each person on the list has a job function, and as per that job function has a performance score, in the form of a percentage

Ill use IP score for example,

Each User ID/ Name will have an STD score percentage, by week.

Essentially, at the end of each period I'm looking to update the week or period data at the top, and pull that persons total score for that time frame, and then have a leaderboard or ranking system so we know who the top performers are...

I hope this makes sense!

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jessica Howell To return the highest value in the array, you would want to use the MAX function, paired with Index to return the name value and week noted.

Then, you would want to write that formula into pulling in the return per sheet.

example:

=IF([Job Function]@row = "Job Name Here", MAX(COLLECT({Date Range}, {Employee IP Score}, @cell = Name@row))

Without knowing your exact column names, I am writing some of the above in generic, but something like that should work for you. You would need to point at your different source sheets.

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!