Local Government Professionals

TrippK
TrippK ✭✭✭✭

Hello community,

Curious to see how many members work in local government, or even state/federal government. How are you currently using Smartsheet as a solution in your organization?

Thanks for reading.

TK

Comments

• Sara S
    Sara S ✭✭✭

Hi @TrippK, local government Smartsheet user here!👋🏼 We are currently using Smartsheet to manage our IT projects and have colleugues across our organization also using it for audit process management (Finance Dept) and grant management (Planning Dept).

What is your team using Smartsheet for?

• TrippK
    TrippK ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sara S! I work in IT and we use Smartsheet to manage our work order ticketing system. I am in the process of trying to get other departments in the org (Parks & Rec, Police, Fire, etc.) to explore using Smartsheet to help them manage internal projects or any variety of uses. I'm currently working closely with Parks & Rec to develop a sheet to track milestones/metrics for their Parks Comprehensive Plan, which includes goals/targets that the department has set for the next 5-10 year vision of improving city parks.

Curious, how large is your organization? We have roughly 1,000 employees here in Wilmington (NC).

Thanks for reaching out! Feel free to connect on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/tripp-kennedy/

• Sara S
    Sara S ✭✭✭

@TrippK, thank you for your reply! What a great way to use Smartsheet. We use a different work order system, but I especially enjoy the flexibility of Smartsheet to fit many business needs.

My organization is a smaller municipality in central Illinois; we have just over 400 full-time employees. We are on the smaller side, but we are mighty!

I just sent you a LI invite - feel free to reach out on there to share ideas or thoughts on municipal IT/Smartsheet.

Thanks!

• @Sara S Hi, I work at a local school district in Florida and am in the process of setting up Smartsheet to manage grants. It would be great if I could talk with someone in your grants department to discuss how they are using Smartsheet. If they are interested, I am happy to share my contact information. Thanks!