Sheets with Open Access

Is there any way from the admin panel to find out which sheets have open access? Meaning, which sheets in the organization allow anyone to view them or have outside email addresses that can edit them?

Answers

• Hi @Andrea Westrich

In User Management, you can download a Published Items Report which will let you know what Smartsheet items currently have publishing enabled, including the Publish Type (editable or not) and Access Control (within organization or public). See: More Actions in User Management

In regards to direct sharing with outside email addresses, you'll want to download the Sheet Access Report. Then you could filter by domain being used in the Shared To column. See: Create a sheet access report

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @Genevieve P.! Will these reports only show what I have access to? Meaning, if someone created a workspace or sheets that I do not have any rights to, will this report still show them?

As an admin, I want to know what sheets we have out there, what is published to the public and find any security risks, but I know there are items that have been created that I cannot see.

Thank you!

• Hey @Andrea Westrich

Your second sentence is exactly what these reports show! All sheets/items across your entire organization, regardless of if you're shared to them or not.

You won't have access to those items if you're not shared to them, but you can contact the Sheet Owner (listed in the Report) to ask them to share it to you or remove the Published link, etc.

Cheers,

Genevieve