Sum two variables while retaining the total for the next new number

Options
Jazzy
Jazzy ✭✭
edited 03/08/23 in Formulas and Functions

I have two variables in my spreadsheet 'Number of Hours per week' and Total Number of Hours per Study'. I want the 'Number of Hours per Week' to add to the 'Total Number of Hours per Study' column per row. In this case the 'Total Number of Hours per Study' [10] would automatically change to 14 (Shown in Test Column). The next row will be 24 and so on. When a new number for the next week is added to 'Number of Hours per week' then that new number would add to the 'Total Number of Hours per Study' In this example 'Number of Hours per Week' [some new number?] + Total Number of Hours per Study' [14] basically I will have a running 'Total Number of Hours per Study' column. Not sure how to retain the value so it can be used in the function. I'm hoping to make it simple to add this level of automation into the table so my team doesn't have to manually add up these two columns. Sounds simple but it has me stumped! Hope I am making sense as I think I am making this more complicated than it is.😄

Regards,

Jeff

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!