Creating 1 PDF from multiple rows using Document Builder

Options
Iain
Iain ✭✭
edited 03/08/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with my question. I'm currently trying to automate the sending of a 'reporting pack' for project highlight reporting. I've got my template, etc ready and can automate the creation of highlight reports for each individual row and have the report attached to the corresponding row. I've then successfully automate the process to send these via email.

Trouble is that each report is sent as an individual file and I would like to have it sent as one PDF containing all the information from each report.

I was hoping I could create a sheet level report rather than row level. Any ideas on how I may achieve this?

Many thanks,

Iain

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Iain

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Collect everything on one row in the same or another sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Iain
    Iain ✭✭
    Options

@Andrée Starå

Thanks for the reply, I had a feeling that would be the case. Unfortunately using the one row wouldn't work as we have many active projects at one time and I think it would get messy from a reading perspective.

I'll submit it as a feature request as I think it would be better than sending an email with many attachments rather than one larger PDF.

Thanks again,

Iain

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Iain

Happy to help!

I recently did something similar on a client solution, but we used a so-called helper column and cross-sheet formulas to collect the data together.

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Eric Hagen
    Options

@Andrée Starå

I am wondering if you think this situation is possible....I have essentially a table I create for post project completion. Currently I copy paste to excel and then save excel template filled in as a PDF and inster it as a page in our construction plans. Note that the sheet they are recorded in has different entry types so that our app can filter but all As-built data is in one table/sheet. See sample snip of excell sheet below

Each one of these is a seperate entry on the main table/sheet. I am wondering about a helper sheet like your saying with cross sheet references but do not know if it is possible to filter to a specific project number and entry type. I had thought about making a column for every cell in the table but just the filter by project and entry type translation to the helper sheet is where I get stuck. Thanks for your time!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!