COUNTIF or COUNTSIF

Options
Kimberly Poletes
Kimberly Poletes ✭✭✭
edited 03/15/23 in Formulas and Functions

I just cant seem to figure out how to work the formula I am trying to accomplish. Ive googled and watched youtube videos and its not getting me anywhere.

I have a sheet titled "reporting metrics" with three columns. I am trying to pull in data to count the totals from 3 columns from another sheet titled "install file". Two of those columns use checkboxes. I want it to count if the "install complete" column is not checked, AND if "color grouping" column is "blue" AND if "delivered to customer" column IS checked. to let me know the count remaining for each color.

I really hope this makes sense to the help me solve this. I have been trying to figure this out all day😞

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @Kimberly Poletes

It sounds like a COUNTIFS Function will work for you! To look for checkboxes, you'll want to use 0 to indicate "un-checked" and 1 to indicate "checked".

For example, something like this:

=COUNTIFS({Install Complete Column}, 0, {Color Grouping Column}, "Blue", {Delivered to Customer Column}, 1)

If this hasn't helped, it would be useful to see screen captures of your source sheet and the formula you've tried, but please block out sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!