How to generate list of sheet shared users on all sheets I own?

I am working to clean up shared collaborators on multiple sheets. Is there a report I could run to show me the list of collaborators or all users that are shared on my sheets?

Some shared collaborators are no longer engaged and need to be removed. I'm currently going sheet by sheet to review and remove - Is there a more efficient way?

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Robin Soprano

I know that on our Enterprise Plan, as a system admin I can generate a Sheet Access report in the Admin Center under User Management. It emails a CSV file showing all sheet/resource access. You can sort/filter by owner to find just your sheets, and you'll see all the shared users and what share level they have on each sheet that you own.

(A system Admin can also download a sheet access report for an individual user, however that shows all the share access that user has on his own plus others' sheets.)

If you're not a System Admin for your Smartsheet org, contact the system admin and ask them to extract the shares for your sheets from the Sheet Access report.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• @Jeff Reisman I am an admin - how would I extract the shares?

Thanks!

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Robin Soprano There's a difference between being an Admin on a sheet or sheets, and being a System Admin for your org.

If you click on your account profile in the bottom left corner, can you get to User Management? If so, you're a System Admin:

Clicking there opens the User Management screen in the Smartsheet Admin Center.

Click on "More Actions" and in the menu under Generate Reports you'll see "Sheet Access." Click there and you'll see a little message at the top telling you that you will receive a link to the report via email in a few minutes.

Download the Access.csv report from the email link, unzip it, and open in Excel or another spreadsheet app. Then you can filter by Sheet Owner to see all the shares on all your sheets.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!