Referencing 2 sheets with imported excel sheets

Options

Hi folks

I have an excel book with 2 sheets. One sheet has a ledger and it updates the totals in another sheet. Is it possible to import the excel sheet and have it work the same without any changes or would I have to start again.

Thank you for any pointers.;

Answers

• Austin Smith
    Austin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can import the data easily enough, but more than likely will have to rewrite some of the formulas. You will certainly have to rewrite the cross-communication between sheets.

Most excel formulas will show up (so long as you have that radio button checked) in smartsheet's import wizard, and they can work, but I tend to get some unparseable cells or broken references and have to reverify that the data and formulae all did what they were supposed to. I've never had a transfer that I didn't have to polish a bit on the back end. The more complicated your references are, the more likely you are to see something break, but you might get lucky. Can't hurt to try.

• Faldo
    Faldo ✭✭
    Options

Hi so I would just make two sheets in smart sheet and name them the same as my other 2 in excel.

thanks very much for your answer.

I am just trying out smart sheet at the moment to see what it has over excel or the likes. Is there a comparison that you know of.

thanks again.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!