Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Provide Ability for Admins to Proxy as Another User

Options
MariaCurtis
MariaCurtis âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­

Please provide the ability for Smartsheet Admins to proxy in as another user and test their view out. I was building a report and I wanted to make sure that users who received it could only edit certain columns. Instead of proxying in as an Editor, I had to schedule a meeting with someone with that access and have him conduct impromptu testing with me. Would have rather not bothered him!

13 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Matthew L
    Matthew L âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

I've seen this feature on a lot of other system management platforms and would love to see it implemented here at Smartsheet.

The use case for this would be to help troubleshoot with users by logging in to see what they are seeing on their side. Additionally, this feature is extremely useful if a user is unavailable for whatever reason and someone needs ownership of an item transferred or changes made to a workspace. This feature would certainly help smartsheet support's ability to help troubleshoot issues users are having as well if they could access customer smartsheet environments and see what specific users are seeing.

• TylerH
    TylerH âś­âś­
    Options

It is inexplicable that Smartsheet does not provide a way for administrators to view and manage users' content. This feature or something like it is a must-have.