Copying specific information to another sheet

I would like to move specific information from a row and copy it to another sheet. I don't want to copy the entire row. Part of the information I want copied is the "Billing Month" (pull down menu format) and the "Overall Projected Volume" from the Master Sheet and have that amount from the "Overall Projected Volume" appear in the month (there is a column for each month) in the other sheet. In addition, if the "Billing Month" changes in the Master Sheet, I would like the volume in the other sheet to adjust to whatever month it is changed to from the Master Sheet.

Does that make any sense? Your help would open up a new world for us!

Answers

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Frank,

My high-level response would suggest either using formulas in the 'servant' sheet (looking for specific data and returning required results), or create a report from the Master Sheet, formatted as desired and then (auto)copy from the report to the 'servant' sheet... or a combination of both.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful.

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Frank McGuire

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Another option would be to use so-called helper sheets. In short, copy the row to a helper sheet and then use my method described previously to get the values you need to another helper sheet and then copy/move the row from that sheet to the main destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• sanjayb
    sanjayb ✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå could you kindly include a link to what you are referring to in this comment?

In short, copy the row to a helper sheet and then use my method described previously to get the values you need to another helper sheet and then copy/move the row from that sheet to the main destination sheet.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!