API times out

Options

We had a recent problem where a sheet that we update using the API is timing out. While the rows and columns have not increased significantly, we are seeing this issue regularly.

Is there a means to fix this?

Has Smartsheet recently changed that interval?

Thank you.

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

Following this as we're seeing it as well. It has really thrown a wrench into our connection over the last 2-3 days.

@Genevieve P. Is there anyone from Smartsheet who could comment on this? I've heard this from a few of my other API buddies.

• Peter Tyrrell
    Options

Hey David, it seems like we've gotten some small relief by limiting some of our users' engagement with Smartsheet. I can't say for certain whether there is causation or not. We have to make some decisions on whether to further reduce users or look for other ways to solve the problem. Good luck!

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the info Peter.

Unfortunately, that's not an option for us. We lean on Smartsheet heavily as a platform and have hundreds of people in Smartsheet daily.

• bsikes
    bsikes ✭✭✭
    Options

We have various scripts in-house utilizing the API quite a bit, and our log that receives timeout errors hasn't been touched since last Thursday.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 03/30/23
    Options

Hi all,

These are the first reports I've heard of the API timing out at increased intervals; if it keeps happening please do open a ticket with Smartsheet Support with as much detail as you're able to provide so they can work with you in a private channel.

Thank you for the tag, @David Tutwiler!

Genevieve