Resource Management - Reconnect Issue

Options

Hello

I have submitted a ticket with Smartsheet but have also been pointed in the direction of the smartsheet community for a possible resolution. I had to disconnect my project plans from resource management, reset things in resource management and I am now trying to reconnect them. I accessed the project plan sheet, validated that resource management is enabled and then selected the resource management icon on the left. It runs, pops up the "reconnect" notice and almost as quickly as it pops up, it disappears leaving a completely blank area. Any ideas as to why this would occur and how I might be able to fix it and get the project plans reconnected. PS this is happening on all project plans except those that had never been linked to resource management.

Dawn

Best Answer

• Frank S.
    Frank S. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Greetings @Dawn McCallister,

There was an issue with the new Auto Sync feature released for resource management. I experienced that my projects and resource management would not sync after saving and had no method to manually since them.

I followed the help article suggestion to enable assignment syncing by disconnecting resource management and then choosing an existing resource management project.

As of this morning, Smartsheet may have resolved the syncing issue since I have been able to sync resource management and projects repeatedly today.

I would suggest reviewing the information in the help article to see if that resolves your issue.

Here is the link: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2482380-sync-resource-management-assignments-with-Smartsheet

Frank Smith, PMP

Assistant Director | IT Special Projects Mgr.

Oregon Parks & Recreation Department

If my response helps, please mark it as an accepted answer. 😎

Answers

• Frank S.
    Frank S. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Greetings @Dawn McCallister,

There was an issue with the new Auto Sync feature released for resource management. I experienced that my projects and resource management would not sync after saving and had no method to manually since them.

I followed the help article suggestion to enable assignment syncing by disconnecting resource management and then choosing an existing resource management project.

As of this morning, Smartsheet may have resolved the syncing issue since I have been able to sync resource management and projects repeatedly today.

I would suggest reviewing the information in the help article to see if that resolves your issue.

Here is the link: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2482380-sync-resource-management-assignments-with-Smartsheet

Frank Smith, PMP

Assistant Director | IT Special Projects Mgr.

Oregon Parks & Recreation Department

If my response helps, please mark it as an accepted answer. 😎

• Dawn McCallister
    Dawn McCallister ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Frank S.

Thank you Frank .. You came through with the win. I am back up and running. MUCH Appreciated.