Help with IF AND Formula

Options

Hi everyone!

I am hoping you can help me. I am trying to set up a status column and have to show one of three statuses. Below are the statuses I am trying to show:

IF the PoP Alert column is checked I want the status column to show "PoP Alert"

If the Funding Alert Column is checked I want the status column to show "Funding Alert"

If both the PoP Alert and Funding columns are checked I want the status column to show "PoP and Funding Alert".

I am not having a problem with the formula when the PoP Alert or Funding Alert column is checked, but when trying to do an IF AND statement I keep getting an Incorrect Argument error. Below is the formula I am using in a Status Column with the 4 colored Balls.

=IF([Contract Inactive?]@row = 1, "Gray", IF([PoP Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1, "PoP Alert", IF([Funding Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1, "Funding Alert", IF(AND([PoP Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1, [Funding Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1, "PoP and Funding Alert", "Green"))))

The Contract inactive column is a checkbox column that when checked it shows the contract inactive and marked in the status column as a gray ball. I also included a screen shot of the columns that are in order in case i am doing something wrong with that :).

Any help would be appreciated. Peppey

Best Answer

• Leibel S
    Leibel S ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Peppey

Try this:

=IF([Contract Inactive?]@row = 1, "Gray",IF(AND([PoP Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1, [Funding Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1), "PoP and Funding Alert", IF([PoP Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1, "PoP Alert", IF([Funding Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1, "Funding Alert", "Green"))))

Answers

• Leibel S
    Leibel S ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Peppey

Try this:

=IF([Contract Inactive?]@row = 1, "Gray",IF(AND([PoP Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1, [Funding Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1), "PoP and Funding Alert", IF([PoP Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1, "PoP Alert", IF([Funding Alert (Do Not Touch)]@row = 1, "Funding Alert", "Green"))))

• Peppey
    Peppey ✭✭
    Options

Hi Leibel!

You are awesome it worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!