Hi community! I am trying to understand if SM can be used for 360 degree /peer feedback

Options
IB_Smartsheet1
IB_Smartsheet1 ✭✭✭✭
edited 04/04/23 in Formulas and Functions

The key requirements of the system will be :

1) Peers will be sent feedback requests via SM forms, where they will submit feedback on pre identified peers. however feedback providers may not have SM liscenses or accounts . A) Can folks without SM accounts submit forms? B) how to set up my sheet to ensure that that feedback providers are mapped to pre identified individuals that are relevant to the feedback provider?

2) Feedback needs to be anonymous once submitted (ideally even the sheet owner and admin): is this possible to do?

3) Individuals will have access to a report with their own peer feedback summary (anonymous) . they cannot see data on any other employees: How to set up the solution so that individuals can only see individual dashboards, ie should not be able to see feedback of other colleagues, and without names of feedback providers?

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @IB_Smartsheet1

I hope you're well and safe!

Please see my comments/answers below.

A) Can folks without SM accounts submit forms? [Andrée Starå] Yes.

B) how to set up my sheet to ensure that that feedback providers are mapped to pre identified individuals that are relevant to the feedback provider? [Andrée Starå] There are a couple of ways to structure it. You could add multiple contact columns, one for each role.

2) Feedback needs to be anonymous once submitted (ideally even the sheet owner and admin): is this possible to do? [Andrée Starå] Yes, if they don't need to log in to submit the form.

3) Individuals will have access to a report with their own peer feedback summary (anonymous) . they cannot see data on any other employees: How to set up the solution so that individuals can only see individual dashboards, ie should not be able to see feedback of other colleagues, and without names of feedback providers? [Andrée Starå] This one is tricky! You want it to be anonymous, so we would have to provide an ID or something for the submitter.

Make sense? Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @IB_Smartsheet1

I hope you're well and safe!

Please see my comments/answers below.

A) Can folks without SM accounts submit forms? [Andrée Starå] Yes.

B) how to set up my sheet to ensure that that feedback providers are mapped to pre identified individuals that are relevant to the feedback provider? [Andrée Starå] There are a couple of ways to structure it. You could add multiple contact columns, one for each role.

2) Feedback needs to be anonymous once submitted (ideally even the sheet owner and admin): is this possible to do? [Andrée Starå] Yes, if they don't need to log in to submit the form.

3) Individuals will have access to a report with their own peer feedback summary (anonymous) . they cannot see data on any other employees: How to set up the solution so that individuals can only see individual dashboards, ie should not be able to see feedback of other colleagues, and without names of feedback providers? [Andrée Starå] This one is tricky! You want it to be anonymous, so we would have to provide an ID or something for the submitter.

Make sense? Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• IB_Smartsheet1
    IB_Smartsheet1 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your patience with the questions @Andrée Starå ! Ill use your tips and try to build a prototype- likely to come back here if i get stuck for some advice

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@IB_Smartsheet1

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!