Combining Data on a sheet and removing the columns with zeros

Options

Hello need some help I have a sheet that has 250 columns that are billing codes need to know how to be able to consolidate it into a report that will give me all the codes worked on that job and then be able to cross ref a rates sheet to add the amount per QTY then pull that all to a daily report that will auto update and send every day

Scotty Andersen

Director of Engineering

Office 813-926-2958

Cell 801-589-3772

Direct Line 385-233-4122

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Scotty Andersen

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Scotty Andersen
    Options

Attached is an excel spreadsheets of once the daily form is filled out by the field supervisor. there will be multiple jobs per day once they input this information then I need to add the costs per column then have it pull a daily report

Scotty Andersen

Director of Engineering

Office 813-926-2958

Cell 801-589-3772

Direct Line 385-233-4122

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Scotty,

This is a relatively complex build, too complex to answer in a community post. But here are some pointers.

1. Use a JOIN formula to join all 250 columns into one. lets call this 'helper' for the example below.
    2. Use a nestled IF INDEX MATCH formula combined with CONTAINS to retrieve pricing data... this is quite complicated, syntax will be something like:

IF(CONTAINS("Category A",helper@row),INDEX({price col},MATCH(helper@row,{category col},0)))+IF(CONTAINS("Category B",helper@row),INDEX({price col},MATCH(helper@row,{category col},0)))

And then add +IF(CONTAINS("Category B",helper@row),INDEX({price col},MATCH(helper@row,{category col},0))) to every further category following.

Then build any report you want with the output.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

• Scotty Andersen
    Options

ok but how do i get it to remove all the columns with Zeros or blanks so that it isnt so large?

Scotty Andersen

Director of Engineering

Office 813-926-2958

Cell 801-589-3772

Direct Line 385-233-4122

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!