Smartsheet Bridge/Add comment to Row

Options

Hello,

I am using bridge-add comment to row in Smartsheet Module. For the comment, the user is always me. However, I would like the user who trigger the workflow create the comment. Is that configurable?

THank you!

Answers

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

@Amy Gan I don't know if this will work or not, might be worth a try. IF you use the HTTP call you can make a request and assume a user. You may be able to dynamically get the user that triggered the workflow and create the comment using assume user..

How to assume user: Smartsheet - Official API and SDK Documentation (redoc.ly)

I have no experience using assume user so I can't confirm if this will work.

• Samuel Mueller
    Options

something like this - get the url for posting a comment from the api documentation

• Amy Gan
    Amy Gan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the feedback! However, do you know what I can put into assume an user? Do I get the userID in bridge data reference? Not sure about how to put the value into this key

• Samuel Mueller
    edited 05/04/23
    Options

@Amy Gan I think you just put their email address. You have to be a system admin to do it. So the Assume-User as the key, and the email address like AmyGan@whatever.com for the value. You don't need the %40 like I have in the image, just the regular email address.

If you are doing it dynamically from an earlier point in the workflow, you would put the reference there instead of the email address something like this: {{states.startstate.utilities.httpcall.members.0.email}}

plus the other headers you need for a post request if that's what you are doing

• Amy Gan
    Amy Gan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Will Try! Thank you!

• Samuel Mueller
    Options

I don't know your process so I'm not exactly sure how you are supposed to know "who" should be posting the comment. But using Assume-User should let you do it on someone else's behalf. Another stopping point is that you can not Assume-User another system admin.