Why does the modified date column not update?

Options

Scenario: The sheet contains a date updated column and a workflow is set to automatically send out a request to update specific fields. When the update request is completed, and the date field is edited, the modified date in the report for that row is not updating.

Why would the modified date not change if an item in the row has been changed? Is there a delay in how the modified date field was created? Or it is just hit or miss? Doesn't seem to be following any type of algorithm that I can see.

Thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Chris Downes

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Chris Downes
    Options

You can see that I have highlighted changes turned on and it's highlighting the Modified and Modified by cells for these two rows but it's not changing the date/time in the cell. And you can also see in the cell history that it did record my edit to that cell in that row. Not sure why this is happening, and only in some rows, not all of them.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!