Contact Column Recipients for Proof Approval

Vivien Chong
Vivien Chong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This morning I received the new product update that we can now choose the "contact column" as proof approval recipients. I quickly open my proof document to give it a try but somehow am unable to choose from contact column.

The help article mentioned that we can choose from contact column but didn't elaborate further: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2482509-collaborate-on-proof?_ga=2.115541761.624338260.1682484521-599878935.1660106542#toc-request-review-and-approval

May I know if this feature has been released or did I miss out on any setting or steps?

Best Answer

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Vivien Chong How interesting! I am not sure why that would be happening on your end, and have not been able to find a sheet on my side where I can replicate that being an issue. I've tested 5 different sheets, across 4 different workspaces. The only time that the option for the contact list is not showing for me is when the field is blank. You may need to escalate to support.

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

Answers

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Vivien Chong

I had to look at the columns within my sheet to confirm they were configured to a contact drop down, and that the column was multiselect. Once done, I opened the Invite button inside proof and in the to box, it provided the option there for the column name and even reconfirmed the number of contacts assigned to the row. The feature does appear to be live, or at least on my side.

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• Vivien Chong
    Vivien Chong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Colleen Patterson . I tried again just now after receiving your feedback.

I have 2 contact list columns in the same sheet: Assigned To and Manager.

For some proofing, it is showing only Assigned To, for some only Manager, for some neither.

I am not sure why.

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Vivien Chong How interesting! I am not sure why that would be happening on your end, and have not been able to find a sheet on my side where I can replicate that being an issue. I've tested 5 different sheets, across 4 different workspaces. The only time that the option for the contact list is not showing for me is when the field is blank. You may need to escalate to support.

• Vivien Chong
    Vivien Chong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Colleen Patterson I now found out why the inconsistency. It's because of the blank field, or when the field is filled with a name but without the email address. After updating the data, it is showing the contact columns in the proof approvals invite list.

Thanks for testing on it and sharing your findings. It helps me to find the missing gap.

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Vivien Chong That makes sense for if a cell does not have a contact in its entirety listed, that it would be unavailable for the distribution group.

My pleasure to be of assistance!