Trying to add informtion from two sheets

Options

I have two sheets with the same column and I am trying to write a formula that says to only count the cells that say "Red" in them. I got it to work with a single sheet but I need the total to be from two sheets, the current and the archived.

This is how I wrote it but its not working

=COUNTIF([REPORTING Screeners onsite]:[REPORTING Screeners onsite], "Red")+(Count({Biometric Testing Request Form Range 1}:{Biometric Testing Request Form Range 1}, "Red"))

Help?

Answers

• Shimanta Roy
    Shimanta Roy ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Connie, try the following formula:

=COUNTIF([REPORTING Screeners onsite]:[REPORTING Screeners onsite], "Red")+COUNTIF({Biometric Testing Request Form Range 1}:{Biometric Testing Request Form Range 1}, "Red")

I am assuming that you are referring the range, {Biometric Testing Request Form Range 1}:{Biometric Testing Request Form Range 1}, is where the column contains the Red values in the other sheet.

• Connie Cochran
    Connie Cochran ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I updated my sheet refrence name so they would match and updated my formula but I'm getting a Unparseable error

=COUNTIF([REPORTING Screeners onsite]:[REPORTING Screeners onsite], "Red")+COUNTIF({REPORTING Screeners onsite}:{REPORTING Screeners onsite},"Red")

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Connie Cochran

I hope you're well and safe!

Are you adding the formula in one sheet where you want to count from that sheet and another sheet?

Try something like this.

=COUNTIF([REPORTING Screeners onsite]:[REPORTING Screeners onsite], "Red")+COUNTIF({REPORTING Screeners onsite},"Red")

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!