How to process pages in Bridge

Options

Hello friends - how do you "loop" your workflows to process multiple pages of data in Bridge?

For example, if I GET a Sheet, 500 rows at a time, and have 5 pages to process, how do I get page 2 when I'm done processing page 1? I tried using Alt-click to loop back to the top of the workflow but that doesn't work. Once finishing the "bottom" of the workflow it does not go back and execute the top again, even if I connect the workflow line.

My only guess is to use Child Workflow to call the same workflow again and pass in the next page number for the run. Is there a better way that doesn't spawn tons of "nested" workflow runs?

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

Tags:

Answers

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

Hey Brian, unfortunately, my understanding is that the best option is with a child workflow.

For fun I was trying to see if I could do it within the JavaScript module the other day, but no luck 🙃.

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    edited 05/05/23
    Options

@Samuel Mueller thanks- that’s where I landed too. Hoping I was missing something but I don’t think so.

We need to be able to do basic loops in workflows, with a decrementing counter, without stacking child workflow calls on top of each other…

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN