How Find and Replace Contacts - Need change users from personal email to work email

Options

Is there away to easily find and replace contacts in column? All of our users are currently entered as a contact with their name and personal email and we need to change all of the users to their new work contact. For example I need to update an entire column worth of data and change Mike Stone xxx@gmail.com to Mike Stone xxx@rei.com.

There has be an easier way (or at least I hope) than going through each cell and deselecting contact Mike Stone xxx@gmail.com and searching selecting xxx@rei.com...

Best Answer

• markkrebs
    markkrebs ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Contacts can be frustrating in Smartsheet because there is no global contact list. I'd write a report to pull in the contacts (grouped by contact name. Then I'd create new contact(s). Then mass cut and paste the new contact into the report columns that contain the contact names. I'd then have people remove the old contact(s) from their "My Smartsheet contacts"

Answers

• markkrebs
    markkrebs ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Contacts can be frustrating in Smartsheet because there is no global contact list. I'd write a report to pull in the contacts (grouped by contact name. Then I'd create new contact(s). Then mass cut and paste the new contact into the report columns that contain the contact names. I'd then have people remove the old contact(s) from their "My Smartsheet contacts"

• mistone
    mistone ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@markkrebs - Thanks for the suggestion. I spoke with Smartsheet Tech Support yesterday and learned manually changing the data is my best solution...which is bummer since it's a lot of data. I'll consider your suggestion as well.

Cheers,

Mike

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!