Reports suddenly not showing data from all selected sheets (only one sheet)?

Options

Hi all! We have a bouquet of reports which pull in from quite a few sheets and suddenly today, they stopped working as expected (showing data from all sheets) and instead are only showing data from one sheet.

I checked and double-checked the filters, the columns, the sheet selections... I have not been able to identify the root cause of the issue.

I appreciate any help!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all (@Paris.TechProjSpec, @Jason P, @Nestor W)

Thanks for reporting this behaviour! We identified this was happening in the following scenarios:

• The underlying sheet has a Start Date and End Date set/Dependencies enabled in Project Settings
    • The report filter targets either this Start Date or the End Date
    • The report filter uses a date based operator (e.g. "is today", "is in the past", "is in the next (days)"

The Engineering team is actively working to ensure rows return to these reports. In the meantime, you can follow these steps to refresh the Report and pull your data through:

• Open any source sheets for the report which have a Start Date and End Date set/Dependencies enabled in Project Settings
    • Make a change to any cell in the sheets and save
    • Undo the change and save again
    • Refresh the report

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Jason P
    Jason P ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Help...

I have a number of reports feeding to a dashboard that have gone blank based on a fault in the filter where previously no issue?? We run a project sheet with multiple jobs each with a start and completion date.

Report drawing from the project sheet has two filters across 11 columns.

1 Where contractor is "Joe blow"

2 Where completion date in in the future.

Contractors have projects that completed in the past and those planned in the future.

Filter conditions: "Completion Date"

Is not in the past - results in showing project in the past and future.

Is in the future - results in a blank report.

Is not in the future - results in showing project in the past and future.

Is in the past - results in a blank report.

Is not in the past - results in showing project in the past and future.

Completion date column in the project sheet of formatted to Date/Time and as we know you can not have a duplicated column name.

What happen?

Cheers.

Forever forwards Backwards never.

• Nestor W
    Nestor W ✭✭
    edited 05/23/23
    Options

I have a report created months ago that was working fine until Today (23/05/2023).

The report feeds a dashboard, has a filter on the START date for tasks starting during the next 7 days and it is not showing any rows now even though the sheet has records that fulfill the condition.

Can someone please help?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/23/23
    Options

Hi @Jason P & @Nestor W

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

I checked the Status page, and nothing is reported.

If you haven't already, I recommend submitting a support ticket through the new Smartsheet Support Portal.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all (@Paris.TechProjSpec, @Jason P, @Nestor W)

Thanks for reporting this behaviour! We identified this was happening in the following scenarios:

• The underlying sheet has a Start Date and End Date set/Dependencies enabled in Project Settings
    • The report filter targets either this Start Date or the End Date
    • The report filter uses a date based operator (e.g. "is today", "is in the past", "is in the next (days)"

The Engineering team is actively working to ensure rows return to these reports. In the meantime, you can follow these steps to refresh the Report and pull your data through:

• Open any source sheets for the report which have a Start Date and End Date set/Dependencies enabled in Project Settings
    • Make a change to any cell in the sheets and save
    • Undo the change and save again
    • Refresh the report

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Paris.TechProjSpec
    Options

Great! I'm so glad there were temporary fix steps identified. We use these reports HEAVILY. 🙂

• JGIL83
    JGIL83 ✭✭
    edited 06/16/23
    Options

Experiencing this problem today, however my report does not have any Start Date and End Date set/Dependencies. I followed the steps described above just to see if that would help, but report is still blank. Any ideas? Thank you. @Genevieve P. @Andrée Starå

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hey @JGIL83

This has been resolved; if your Report is blank there may be other reasons. Can you double check the Filters on the Report? And verify you have access to all of the underlying sheets?

Screen captures would help, but please block out sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• JGIL83
    JGIL83 ✭✭
    edited 06/16/23
    Options

Figured out a workaround:

• Deleted all the report filters
    • Saved the report
    • Added all the filters back into the report

Report is back to normal now. Thank you.