Trainer scheduling template

AJ Lee
AJ Lee
edited 05/25/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to come up with a template or ideas for how my training staff schedules look. The company hires people and then I schedule those people with my trainers. I'm currently using excel and I have tried to import my schedule. It looks awful and is very hard to read and understand (The previous manager made it in excel and would not let me use anything different to schedule).

Each trainer has a specific module that they train. The trainees will move from trainer to trainer on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, depending on who is available to train them. I want to be able to put trainees into groupings to "drop" them where they need to go.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this could work in smartsheet? Or am I thinking of something that cannot be done in smartsheet?

Thanks!

Answers

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely think it should be possible can you provide some examples of what you want it to do

I don't have a template created but the way I understand your description above I can visual a sheet with the groupings that just has the group name and the attendees for the group

A sheet with the Modules, Trainer, Dates, Groups attending (multi select column), Formula for groupings attendees(make sure mulit select column)

=Join(Collect({Attendees},{Group Name},Has([Groups Attending]@row,@cell)

You could then view the calendar with trainer and dates if you wanted to see it on a calendar view.