Automatically updated the TP Name

Options

hi ALL,

I am currently trying to build the chart that show all the status of all trading partners. There are many trading partners per customer and i have run the formula that extract the list of them. However, Now i can't automatically check the status of each trading partners and i have to write the name of the trading partner down as the below picture so that i could run my formula. Can someone give any idea that whenever we have the new TP for Cabarrus, the system can automatically display the status of this TP?

Best Answer

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The first thing I would do is adjust your Cross Sheet References so that they better reflect what they are grabbing. Leaving them with the Range 3, Range 18, Range 4, etc makes it hard for anyone that doesn't have access to your sheets to be able to read your formulas and what data they are linked to.

For the sake of reading your data, are you trying to put the TP Status of every TP for the row into one cell? If so, that is going to make the data difficult to read and interpret for your users. You might need to re-work your sheet, but I couldn't say for certain without seeing the headers of your sheet and knowing what data your formula is referencing.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The first thing I would do is adjust your Cross Sheet References so that they better reflect what they are grabbing. Leaving them with the Range 3, Range 18, Range 4, etc makes it hard for anyone that doesn't have access to your sheets to be able to read your formulas and what data they are linked to.

For the sake of reading your data, are you trying to put the TP Status of every TP for the row into one cell? If so, that is going to make the data difficult to read and interpret for your users. You might need to re-work your sheet, but I couldn't say for certain without seeing the headers of your sheet and knowing what data your formula is referencing.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!