Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Parent Row Color Settings: Task Bar in Gantt View

Is it possible to add the ability to change the parent row color settings, especially as relates to task bar color in gantt view?

Tags:
11 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Emily T.
    Emily T. ✭✭✭✭

The issue I'm having is that I'm creating a milestone dashboard with gantt view, but need to be able to change the colors of the gantt chart, which can only be done in the grid sheet. Smartsheets does not allow for changing the gantt colors of lines that are considered headers, subheaders, etc. Only task lines. So now I'm copying rows to another sheet, linking them to the main project plan so they'll automatically update, changing the gantt colors, so I can then create a report showing the actual information I need in order to put in my dashboard. There's got to be an easier way.

• Umeed
    Umeed ✭✭

I think this is an idea that is long overdue as a feature. I've introduced a lot of companies I worked for to Smartsheet as an alternative to other PM products as I find it easier and more flexible.

It at times can be difficult to discern progress at a high level. Especially so when I share an image export of the gantt chart such as the one attached. From an accessibility point of view there are always a few stakeholders at any company I work at that has a little trouble following a long. I myself as the PM sometimes get lost looking at the Gantt Chart so I almost never pay attention to it as I tune my project schedules. A waste of a powerful feature imo.

• It would be very helpful to be able to format the gray bar in gaunt charts for parent rows when dependencies are enabled. Even having a few formatting options available to help these to stand out from other rows.