Using Smartsheet as chat hub

Options

Hi community.

I am developing an app through SS API and am looking to connect chat channels like WhatsApp, Facebook, SMS, etc to Smartsheet. Each row represents a customer and ideally, we want all chats with this customer from all popular apps to populate into the conversation section of SS. Is this possible? If not, we can have the chats populate into a child row of the customer's parent row but we are more interested in keeping them in the conversation area.

2nd question.... SS doesn't have the ability to leave audio recordings in the conversation box. Is there an addon or widget or something that can be added to SS UI so the user can record audio instead of typing their comments? Or is there one that can be added to a cell instead of the conversation box?

Thanks!!

Davyn

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/06/23
    Options

So I haven't seen anything like what you are describing in your post with making Smartsheet a chat hub.

For your second question, could they not record their comment then attach it to the row as an attachment?

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• Davyn
    Davyn ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your response and help with this. For the 1st point... do you know if there is a way to populate a conversation from an external source into the conversation box? Like from WhatsApp? And for the 2nd point... yes they could record an audio on their device and then upload it as an attachment. But it would be extra steps, vs just pressing a button within the sheet which is the preferred way if possible. Thx!

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For your first point, the only thing that might do that would be a 3rd Party App like IFTTT, Zapier, or Make.com. There is not anything within Smartsheet to do what you are wanting to do. Maybe Bridge, but I haven't used it enough to know and it is a premium app that you would have to pay for within Smartsheet.

For your second point, pretty much the same answer as for the first point. There is nothing within Smartsheet that I know of that would allow a button to push to record audio. You will need to look at either 3rd Party Apps or Bridge to see if any of them could do what you are wanting to do.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• Davyn
    Davyn ✭✭
    Options

Ok I will check out some apps. Mote has the ability to add a record button in a cell in Google Sheets. But there is no Smartsheet integration

• Davyn
    Davyn ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your help Jon!