Help! Trying to mapping radio buttons.

mrodri90
mrodri90 ✭✭
edited 06/12/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello all! I am somewhat new to Smartsheet and new the the community. I have a PDF form I can not alter. It has an array of radio buttons where on the horizontal it has ratings for an evaluation area and the evaluation area in the vertical (see first image). I am having a difficult time mapping these from selection in a form submission (see second image) to generate a document with Document Builder first then with DocuSign later in the process. I am Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @mrodri90

How big is the current sheet already?

With the way that the PDF is set up, you would need to have one column per radio button... so 25 helper columns. This is because each field will need to map to a unique field in Smartsheet to pull through the value (versus if your PDF was one text area that could display which one of the selections was made)

Here's an example of how your sheet would need to be set up:

Each of your dropdown selections would need 5 helper column with a checkbox. Each of these checkbox columns would house a column formula that checks the box if their selection was made, for example:

=IF([Leadership/Supervision]@row = "Satisfactory", 1, 0)

You can hide all of these columns in the sheet, but that way you will have individual values to map to each one of your individual PDF radio buttons. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @mrodri90

How big is the current sheet already?

With the way that the PDF is set up, you would need to have one column per radio button... so 25 helper columns. This is because each field will need to map to a unique field in Smartsheet to pull through the value (versus if your PDF was one text area that could display which one of the selections was made)

Here's an example of how your sheet would need to be set up:

Each of your dropdown selections would need 5 helper column with a checkbox. Each of these checkbox columns would house a column formula that checks the box if their selection was made, for example:

=IF([Leadership/Supervision]@row = "Satisfactory", 1, 0)

You can hide all of these columns in the sheet, but that way you will have individual values to map to each one of your individual PDF radio buttons. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now