Embed Calendar App into SharePoint?

Options
Bhh
Bhh ✭✭✭
edited 07/14/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Can a Calendar App calendar be embedded into SharePoint? If so, are users still able to apply filters and change the view? Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Bhh

I believe you first need to embed the Calendar App on a Dashboard in the Web Content Widget, first. Then you should be able to embed the Dashboard into Sharepoint instead.

As a side note, the Calendar App uses a different domain than Smartsheet's app; you may need to reach out to your IT department to add the Calendar App as an approved domain in your Sharepoint instance.

Published calendars can have filters applied and view changed, yes. 🙂

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Bhh

I believe you first need to embed the Calendar App on a Dashboard in the Web Content Widget, first. Then you should be able to embed the Dashboard into Sharepoint instead.

As a side note, the Calendar App uses a different domain than Smartsheet's app; you may need to reach out to your IT department to add the Calendar App as an approved domain in your Sharepoint instance.

Published calendars can have filters applied and view changed, yes. 🙂

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Tia E.
    Tia E.
    edited 05/09/24
    Options

@Genevieve P. Hi Genevieve P, I am trying to do the same thing. I was able to add the calendar app view to a dashboard. You do have to go to File > Publish to get the Embed code. After I embed it in my SharePoint page, it shows that it is loading but I'm getting an error message saying that it refused to connect.

Does this issue have to do with the approved domain?

I also added the calendar.smartsheet.com domain to the HTML Field Security site setting - which allows the insertion of iframes - still getting the same message. Does the approved domain have to be done at the tenant level?

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Tia E.

Were you able to get this resolved? I saw another member do something similar, this is how she solved it:

The calendar.smartsheet.com domain is the correct one to add to your allowlist. Keep in mind that the way you add the Calendar to the dashboard will also need to use the Published Calendar link within the Web Content widget.

• Tia E.
    Options

Hi Genevieve,

I was able to add it to a dashboard and publish it - also had the URL's added to the the Allowed list in our Tenant, but I am still getting the error message. Contacted Smartsheet support, but no help - other than checking with our tenant.

We are on a GCC Tenant - not a commercial tenant - could that be the issue?