Fileds with formulas

2»

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So unfortunately your only option for getting that data into the sheet with them just selecting a name from a dropdown is to use your existing formula setup and just not display it for them.

Feel free to browse the Product Ideas tab at the top of this page. I believe I have seen a few others asking for something similar (forms able to calculate formulas and display results prior to submission). If you find a similar idea, feel free to add your vote to it. If you do not find the idea, you can submit it yourself as a new idea which will allow others to add their votes to it.

Either way, please add a link to the idea here in this thread so that others looking for the same solution that stumble across this one can quickly and easily get to the idea to add their vote.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Paul

Thank you for your advice, I will submit my suggestions.

Take care!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ADeLaGarza

You're more than welcome!

How many users would fill in the form, and when?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/10/23

@Paul Newcome

• I missed that the op had a VLOOKUP matching the information already.

• As you mention, the scalability of the URL-Query feature depends on the delivery and the specific process. If the users need to fill it on a recurring schedule, we could send an alert with the URL using the URL-Query feature, or if it's not that many users, they could select their name in the form, and that would then show the link and there are even more options that could work.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.