Is there a formula to show as %

What I am trying to do is have my overview brought in automatically each month so it doesn't have to manually be typed in. The struggle I'm having is it wants to bring in as a decimal instead of a %.

Below is the formula I am currently using. Is there a way to make it show as %

="We are at " + [% closed rate]@row + " closed rate on ticket status for the month of "+[Month]@row.

The result is We are at 0.9605 closed rate on ticket status for the month of July

What I need the result to be is "We are at 96.05% closed rate on ticket status for the month of July"

Note: My % closed rate column is formatted to %.

Best Answers

• Ramzi
    Ramzi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Try this - ="We are at " + [% closed rate]@row * 100 + "% closed rate on ticket status for the month of "+[Month]@row.

Smartsheet Solutions Architect

www.adapture.com

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I figured it out! Updated formula to get the 2 decimal places as well.

="We are at " + IFERROR(ROUND([% closed rate]@row * 100, 2), "") + "% closed rate on ticket status for the month of " + Month@row

Answers

• Ramzi
    Ramzi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Try this - ="We are at " + [% closed rate]@row * 100 + "% closed rate on ticket status for the month of "+[Month]@row.

Smartsheet Solutions Architect

www.adapture.com

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That helped but when my % is a longer number I still want it to only show 2 decimal places and it shows multiple decimal places. Any thoughts on how to get it to stay at 2 decimal places?

We are at 99.06542% closed rate on ticket status for the month of January

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I figured it out! Updated formula to get the 2 decimal places as well.

="We are at " + IFERROR(ROUND([% closed rate]@row * 100, 2), "") + "% closed rate on ticket status for the month of " + Month@row

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!