How to allow people to edit their row in a sign-up/registration sheet

I have created a signup form that links to a sheet. I would like to send out a reminder asking people to confirm that they are still planning on coming to the event by checking a box. Is there a way to make it so that they can check a box to confirm in the row that their name is in, without giving them access to the grid view of the whole sheet?

Best Answer

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There are several ways to do this, the best choice for you will depend on what plan/tools you have and if the people submitting the sign up form have Smartsheet accounts.

If you have Dynamic View, this is a great use case. You can create a view that filters based on current user.

If you have WorkApps, you can create a report from the Sheet that is filtered to the current user and give them access to this.

If you do not have Dynamic View or WorkApps you can still create a current user report but must also give access to the Sheet. An easy workaround would be to hide the editable columns of the Sheet as only Sheet Owner & Admins can unhide columns. This is obviously not fool proof but is a simple way of accomplishing this if you don't have Enterprise or DV.

Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting (Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner)

Smartsheet Consulting Inquiries: schoolofsheets.com/workwithus

Smartsheet Tutorial Videos: schoolofsheets.com/youtube

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There are several ways to do this, the best choice for you will depend on what plan/tools you have and if the people submitting the sign up form have Smartsheet accounts.

If you have Dynamic View, this is a great use case. You can create a view that filters based on current user.

If you have WorkApps, you can create a report from the Sheet that is filtered to the current user and give them access to this.

If you do not have Dynamic View or WorkApps you can still create a current user report but must also give access to the Sheet. An easy workaround would be to hide the editable columns of the Sheet as only Sheet Owner & Admins can unhide columns. This is obviously not fool proof but is a simple way of accomplishing this if you don't have Enterprise or DV.

Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting (Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner)

Smartsheet Consulting Inquiries: schoolofsheets.com/workwithus

Smartsheet Tutorial Videos: schoolofsheets.com/youtube

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!