Copy Row Automation

I have a workflow which when a new row is added and fulfils a set criteria, the row is copied across to one of two sheets. When it copies across, the row is filled in in its equivalent row in the primary sheet. How can I get the copied rows to fill in the next available row on the new sheet?

Here is an example of the row being copied to a its equivalent row 26 on the sheet it is being transferred across to

Best Answer

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @lauren.green,

New rows should be adding to the bottom of the sheet. The rows above may be registering as if there's information in them (maybe something was originally typed in those and then deleted, or there is a space somewhere). If you do a test to copy a new row, does it appropriately add to row 27 (the next one down) on your second sheet? If so, you likely just have to delete the empty rows at the top.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

Answers

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @lauren.green,

New rows should be adding to the bottom of the sheet. The rows above may be registering as if there's information in them (maybe something was originally typed in those and then deleted, or there is a space somewhere). If you do a test to copy a new row, does it appropriately add to row 27 (the next one down) on your second sheet? If so, you likely just have to delete the empty rows at the top.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle