How to create Letters automatically from a number contained in another field.

Jose Vargas
Jose Vargas ✭✭
edited 09/25/23 in Formulas and Functions

**Translated via Google Translate as the Community is only supported in English at this time**

Hello everyone. I greatly appreciate guidance with the following:

I want to know if Smartsheet has any formula, add-on or integration that automatically generates letters in one column corresponding to the numbers contained in another column?

The above is done in Excel with the add-in: Numletras. In Google Sheets it is done with Chat GPT Artificial Intelligence.

Best Answer

Answers

• Alpha Chucky
    Alpha Chucky ✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/25/23

**Translated via Google Translate as the Community is only supported in English at this time**

Hola @Jose Vargas

Can you provide an example please?

Are you talking about ASCII numbers?

thank you

Projects Delivered. Data Defended.

• Jose Vargas
    Jose Vargas ✭✭
    edited 09/25/23

Hello. Good afternoon.

Example: In the column: "Sales Value", I record the value of each of the sales, I require that in the column: "Sales value letters", it automatically reflects the letters corresponding to the number contained in each of the records.

For example, if the first record (row) in the "Sales Value" column contains: $150,500,000, in the column: "Sales value letters", it will automatically reflect: "One Hundred and Fifty Million Five Hundred Thousand.

I'm not talking about ASCII numbers.

Thank you so much.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jose Vargas

I hope you're well and safe!

I recently developed something similar for a client using the 3rd-party tools ChatGPT and Zapier.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hola Andrée. Excelente. Muchas gracias.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!