#Unparseable Error

System
System Employee
edited 09/22/23 in Smartsheet Basics
This discussion was created from comments split from: Welcome to the online Smartsheet Community!.

Answers

• Somehow, I have corrupted the Level Code and WBS phase of my current Smartsheet. Both columns now say '#UNPARSEABLE'. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

• Hey @five_oaks817

Can you post a screen capture of your sheet and the two formulas you're using? (But block out sensitive data). It sounds like a column may have been deleted which would cause the formula to error.

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Good Morning Genevieve - I received the error when trying to create a link between a field in my Master Project Plan and one of my detail sheets.

I see no errors in my columns, I have checked multiple times. Here is my file structure. It is all in one workspace:

Notice Branch Summary has a link - it links to the same field in the Master Brand Summary.

Link to Branch detailed Information - this is a hyperlink to the brand detail sheet located in the Brand Details Folder. In that folder, there is one sheet per brand.

8x8 Phone Status - this link has a link to the same field in the brand's details folder.

Is there a way to manually recalculate these fields?

• Hi @five_oaks817

Thank you for this information! Can you also post what the two formulas are currently displayed as when you go to edit them?

• Above is Level Code column. Below is WBS Phase column. Below that is Ancestors Column:

• Hi @five_oaks817

Do you see where it says #REF in your formulas? This indicates that there used to be a column in the sheet that has now been deleted. I downloaded the WBS template, assuming that's where you may have got the formula from, and I can see that it has a column titled Skip WBS as a checkbox column:

Is it possible that you used to have a column like that in your sheet? If you don't need that column, you can remove out those sections of the formula, or you could add the column back in and update each #REF to go to the correct column name.

For the WBS Phase formula, I believe the reference was to a column titled "WBS", but in your instance that's the Level Code column. Once your first formula has been corrected you can change that #REF to be [Level Code]@row

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve