Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Land on the relevant resource's task when redirecting from Resource Views

ozgur kaya
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi;

It would be very useful to land directly on the relevant assigned person's task when I redirect to a project sheet from the Resource View (via the sheet links located under each resource name). Is there a functionality like this?

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 07/13/15

Hi Ozgur - I would be happy to pass your suggestion along to our product team but I would like a little more information how you would like this to work. Assuming a user is assigned to multiple tasks on a single sheet, when clicking the sheet name in resource management, which tasks should they be directed to in the sheet? The next task they are assigned to or did you have another idea? Thanks! 

• Hi and many thanks for your reply Travis. Thing in my mind is:

From the Resource View:

1) If the resource(s) is over-allocated; they may be directed/landed on the closest dated over-allocated task row on the sheet. Also other tasks (rows) belong to this person may be highlighted on the sheet

2) If the resource(s) is not over-allocated; they may be directed/landed on the closest dated task row on the sheet. Also other tasks (rows) belong to this person may be highlighted on the sheet.

From the sheet:

If I click the "over-allocated" icon of a row (person); I will be directed to the Resource View and landed on the over-allocation date (start date belongs to this over-allocated task on the sheet) on the Resource View.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Thanks ozgur - I will pass your feedback along! 

• I had a similar request, but what my team is looking for is more of a "report" - we'd really like to be able to see a list of the tasks that are contributing to the over-allocation, so that the manager can make the decision on which dates should change or which tasks should be re-allocated.  Is anything like that in the works?

• Melissa, the reporting tool can show you all tasks assigned to a specific user in a given timeframe, across all their projects and sheets.

http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/en/portal/articles/522214-creating-reports

• Sasha, you're right - I shouldn't have used the word "report".  My team would ideally love it if the Resource tool could show a pop-up or an expansion of each task that is causing the over-allocation.  I know that it currently shows which project sheets contribute, but since the entire team we're managing in this scenario is working off of one sheet, that's not very useful.  If it could expand further into task rows, that would make the tool really amazing for our use.

• Got it! That is a good idea.

If everything is in one sheet, you could filter to show tasks assigned to a specific user, then use the Gantt chart to see which tasks overlap. Or use the resource view to see the date and filter to show tasks within that date range and assigned to that user. 

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Good suggestion! I will add your vote for this to our enhancement request list. 

Good workaround's Sasha! 

This discussion has been closed.