A report to filter for #REF errors?

Is there a way to create a report to show all #REF errors across my workspace?

Reports only show predecessors as "1", not the content of the predecessor cell...

I would like a report that shows all the rows across my workspace where there is an issue with the predecessors.

--------------------------

Another option- maybe a "helper column" with a logic formula that looks for "#REF"???

Thanks for your insight and creativity. :) I am stuck, but I figure there has to be a way.

Answers

• Hey @Mark Lappegaard

Short answer is no.

The #REF error that appears with Predecessors is display text over top of the actual Predecessor value typed underneath. This means that a Report or a Formula looking at that cell with the error will actually look at the underlying value, not the error... this makes it tricky to filter on since the filter criteria won't find the error.

For example:

That said, you can use the Find function to look through the display text on each sheet which will bring you to the rows to adjust:

Please feel free to submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your report idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Mark Lappegaard
    Mark Lappegaard ✭✭✭✭

OK. Thanks, Genevieve. That is what I needed to know. I appreciate the help! :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!