Can you use OR in a SUMIFS formula

I have a sheet full of data from a form that is sent out each month to multiple groups of people regarding multiple different properties. I have 4 quantifiable questions on the form that I have been using the following formula on to collect data. Example below

=SUMIFS({Broker Report Test 2 Range 1}, {Broker Activity Report Range 6}, "January", {Broker Activity Report Range 1}, "EMORY DECATUR III")

^^So I am getting the sum of "Number of Suites Canvassed" IF the "reporting month" is "January" AND if the "property name" is "EMORY DECATUR III"

What I would like to do is get the sum as I am above for "number of suites canvassed" in the month of "January" but I would like to reference multiple property names for example "EMORY DECATUR I" or "EMORY DECATUR II" or "EMORY DECATUR III". So I would like the total of suites canvassed in January for all 3 properties previously listed.

I am having trouble getting this to work in a formula and not sure if it is even possible.

Best Answer

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @haliecarr ,

Give this a try.

=SUMIFS({Broker Report Test 2 Range 1}, {Broker Activity Report Range 6}, "January", {Broker Activity Report Range 1}, OR(@cell = "EMORY DECATUR I",@cell = "EMORY DECATUR II",@cell = "EMORY DECATUR III"))

Hope this helps,

Dave

Answers

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @haliecarr ,

Give this a try.

=SUMIFS({Broker Report Test 2 Range 1}, {Broker Activity Report Range 6}, "January", {Broker Activity Report Range 1}, OR(@cell = "EMORY DECATUR I",@cell = "EMORY DECATUR II",@cell = "EMORY DECATUR III"))

Hope this helps,

Dave

• @DKazatsky2 thank you so much! That worked! I saw the "@ cell" listed somewhere when I was trying to look this up and was thinking I needed to reference a cell not actually type that. So thank you again!!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!