Modification - URGENT

Goal: We are trying to have reps be able to upload documents after their initial form fill. For them to be abe to go back and do a modification – how does that look in smartsheet when the info comes back? how can I get that setup?

Answers

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JenaW You can create a report with current user as the filter so that each rep sees only those records applicable to them and make changes. Also the columns should be unlocked depending on their permission level.

• JenaW
    JenaW ✭✭

@Razetto We would like it to be in a form view. So once they obtain their approval, they will need to open back up the form and attach their pdf. Is that possible?

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JenaW You can set the sheet to trigger an update request after an approval, they'll be able to attached their pdf. Include the attachment field with the message

• JenaW
    JenaW ✭✭

@Razetto The problem is that the approval is not happening in smartsheet.

So first they have to get approval from the VP, this is an automation in smartsheet. Once they get notified whether or not the VP approved, they will get a notification with a link where compliance will either approve or deny them. If approved, they will get an attachment. This is the attachment that needs to be uploaded to smartsheets. But that is the issue, that they are using an outside link to get approval

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JenaW If I understood correctly, the VP approval happens in sheet1 while the compliance approval is outside the system and they provide the attachment that's filled out by the rep which then it has to be uploaded on sheet1. You can create a unique ID in Sheet1 and in the VP approval notification include that unique ID and the link to the report that I mentioned to you before in the body of the message. Once the attachment is filled out they can refer to the email notification, open the report link and use the unique ID to look at the specific row.

• JenaW
    JenaW ✭✭

@Razetto Yes sort of.

VP approval happens in sheet1 while the compliance approval is outside the system. 2 different scenarios:

1. If membership column is over $2K, after they get approval from the VP, they need to get compliance approval (outside source). Once they do, they will receive a pdf that they will need to upload.
    2. If membership column is under $2k, they still need to get approval from the VP first, once VP approves, then they need to upload a pdf.

• JenaW
    JenaW ✭✭

@Razetto Correction:

1. 1 day after the VP approves, if over $2k, the rep will get an update request via email to upload their compliance approval. Whenever they get approval from that outside source then they can upload that approval.
    2. 1 day after the VP approves, if less than $2k, the rep will get an update request via email to upload their invoice. They do not need to go to an outside source for anything.

Does this type of automation make it easier?

• Hey @JenaW

Based on you description, I agree that an Update Request is the best way to proceed!

I would personally use the Record a Date workflow to add in the day that the VP approved in one column, triggered by the Approval. Then you can set a Date Based automation (looking at that Recorded Date if it's 1 day ago) to send 2 possible Update Requests with different instructions in the email (using Condition Blocks to filter based on $).

Here's more information:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now