#Incorrect Argument Set

I am trying to create a multiple IF statement, but am receiving #Incorrect Argument Set. I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my formula to cause this issue. Below is my formula:

=IF((Region@row = "CA"), "No", IF((VLOOKUP([Category 2]@row, {Product Classifications Range 2}, 4, false)) = "Face"), "Yes", IF((VLOOKUP([Category 1]@row, {Product Classifications Range 2}, 3, false)) = "Bath & Body"), "Yes", (VLOOKUP(Brand@row, {Brand Classifications Range 2}, 9, false)))

Answers

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try this:

=IF(Region@row = "CA", "No", IF(VLOOKUP([Category 2]@row, {Product Classifications Range 2}, 4, false) = "Face", "Yes", IF(VLOOKUP([Category 1]@row, {Product Classifications Range 2}, 3, false) = "Bath & Body", "Yes", VLOOKUP(Brand@row, {Brand Classifications Range 2}, 9, false))))

• Hi Carson,

Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately, I am still receiving the same error.

• bbates
    bbates ✭✭

You have too many parenthesis in your if statements that the values are aligning and not enough at the end of the statement to close out all of the formulas. Try this:

=IF(Region@row = "CA", "No", IF(VLOOKUP([Category 2]@row, {Product Classifications Range 2}, 4, false) = "Face", "Yes", IF(VLOOKUP([Category 1]@row, {Product Classifications Range 2}, 3, false) = "Bath & Body", "Yes", (VLOOKUP(Brand@row, {Brand Classifications Range 2}, 9, false)))))

Carson was close but 5 ) are required at the end of this.

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bbates Both of our formulas do the same thing. You have an extra open paren before the last VLOOKUP statement that requires the extra closing paren to close out. It doesn't cause an issue... I have both formulas working in a test sheet.

@aplunkett02 My best guess is that one of your cross sheet references is incorrect. Can you verify that {Product Classifications Range 2} is at least four columns and {Brand Classifications Range 2} is at least nine columns?

• @Carson Penticuff that was the issue! My reference wasn't including the need cell, once updating it worked! Thank you!

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome! I'm glad it's working for you now. 👍

• NikkiGeo
    NikkiGeo
    edited 03/22/24

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!