Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Age of a task (time between changes of the Status cell)

Dear Community,

I am trying to find a way to automatically track time it takes for a user to switch between different status of a cell, i.e. from "In Progress" to "Completed." Activity log allows me only to see when a cell was changed and I can't narrow this search down to a particular cell. 

The idea is to give my agents visibility of how long it takes them to move through ther task stages.

Thank you,

Nikita  

Comments

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you know who is doing each task you can use the modified by feature of the auto number columns (just right click the column and set the properties to auto number). If not, then you can use 2 columns, an auto numbered created date column and an auto numbered modified by column, to track both dates. Someone else might have another answer with more finesse though. Mine has many small issues, but should work in a pinch. Especially if you have limited other peoples access to the sheets.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think it requirement is more than just two states.

I have built an accumulator (every time a row is change, a counter is incremented) to track how many times the row was saved.

Taking the concept outlined in this post (adding/updating a date based on a change elsewhere in the row)

http://ronin-global.com/2016/12/11/smartsheet-fixed-date-upon-completion/

I can see watching for the change of Status and entering the date for each in its own column. It wouldn't be very hard either. I think all the pieces for the solution are in my post.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.